Monday, April 11, 2011

Welcome!

Hi!


Welcome to my new blog! Hope you’ll find this an interesting place to come learn, share and play in my world of paper arts. I’m going to start right off by sharing a fun technique. Please forgive that my pictures aren’t the best, but they’ll improve over time, hopefully. :)


My awesome girlfriend and mentor, Norma Anne Chattin, asked me just the other day to remind her how to do this technique, so it brought the idea to the top of my head. Remember, as a kid, playing with that scratch paper that had a black surface and when you scratched the surface, there were rainbow colors that would appear? Well, one day we were playing with different materials that we purchased at the art store and one of them was that scratch paper... we happened upon this:


When you stamp an image on the black surface, using Encore ink, heat set it to dry and then rub it with a paper towel, the rainbow colors underneath the stamped image will appear. It’s very cool! Only the crisp image appears, the remainder of the black surface is undisturbed! But, here’s the deal… from what I can tell, this only works with Encore ink! The color doesn’t matter, just the brand. You can certainly try other inks, but I have unsuccessfully tried several dye inks, pigment inks, Stazon, Brilliance, and Versa colors. One good thing is that I’ve had my Encore inkpad for 10 years and it’s just like new. Here are pictures of the process:



Let me know what you think!

Until next time,

xoxo,

Lynn

8 comments:

adele holcomb said...

Very cool technique! So, this is a specialty paper that you buy in the art department? And the chemicals in the Encore ink dissolve the lines of the stamped image to reveal the rainbow colors? Now I want some!

Tammy said...

Welcome to the land of blog! You are off to an awesome start.

Anita said...

What a cool technique!

Mel said...

Cool technique and it looks wonderful. Cannot wait to see more of your creations.

Wordbird said...

Really neat technique, Lynn! Congrats on your new blog. looking forward to seeing more! Hugs!

Eddy said...

How cool is that????

dawnmercedes said...

welcome to the bloggosphere!

Gloria Westerman said...

How fun is that.....looking forward to some great post and blogging.....became a follower too...
So Congratulation!!!